Double Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel CupCakes! Wow, that's a mouthful... a mouthful of Yummy Goodness when you try this delicious dessert. Whey Too Sweet has literally just defined their name with this special treat.
Ingredients for Cupcake:
- 1.5 cup Devotion Brownie Batter Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup flour of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp creatine powder (optional)
- 3 pinches sea salt
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar (or sweeter of choice) (** The amount of sweeter added will depend on your personal preference. Continually taste the batter, adding sweeter to taste, up to 1/3 cup).
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks of choice
- 1/3 cup caramel morsels or chopped chocolate-caramel bar
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks of choice
- Brownie Batter Protein Powder
- Sea salt
Method for Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In mixer, add applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Turn mixer to low. Combine protein powder, flour, baking soda, creatine powder, sea salt, and sweeter in bowl, and slowly add to mixer. Add chocolate chunks and caramel morsels. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined and batter is smooth.
Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. Optional: to keep the batter from sticking to the cupcake liner, spray with coconut oil or other light oil spray. Spoon batter in muffin pan. 1.5-2 spoonfuls per space. Bake for 20-15 min. Remove from oven and let cool. Cupcakes will sink.
Method for Topping: In small saucepan melt coconut oil and chocolate on low. Slowly add protein powder, stirring as you go, until the topping thickens. The composition of each protein powder varies, thus the amount you use will depend on your personal preference for thickness. Once thickened, use a spoon to spread a layer on each cupcake. Top cupcake with chopped caramel-chocolate chunks, and sea salt.
Makes 18 cupcakes.