Toasted Coconut Cream Protein Cake
- 2½ scoops Devotion Nutrition angel food cake protein powder
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons low fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ scoop Devotion Nutrition angel food cake protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one 9” cake pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine egg whites, greek yogurt, 1/3 cup coconut milk, coconut oil, and extract in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until mixture is smooth.
- Add 2.5 scoops protein powder, oat flour, coconut sugar, and 3 packets of flex flavor to mixing bowl. Stir together until cake batter is smooth.
- Pour cake batter into the cake pan and spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake cake in the oven for 28-32 minutes. Let cake cool for about 45 minutes then invert on to a flat surface.
- Place the coconut flakes on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for about 3-5 minutes, or until they are lightly toasted and golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine the remainder of frosting ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Blend together using a handheld mixer until frosting is smooth.
- Spread the frosting on top of cooled cake then sprinkle with toasted coconut. Slice into 12 pieces and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings: 1 serving is 1 piece of cake
Macros for 1 serving: 145 calories, 8.7g protein, 13.5g carbs, 7.1g fat, 4.7g sugar, 2.1g fiber
Nicolette’s Tips * Place the canned coconut milk in the fridge overnight before baking. It will thicken, creating a perfect texture to whip when making the frosting.