No-Bake Protein Cookie Dough Cake Balls
- ½ C nut butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt (if using no salt nut butter)
- 3 TBSP pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 40g (about ⅓ C) Devotion Angel Food Cake protein powder supplement
- ¼ cup almond flour
- Optional: Sugar-free white chocolate chips for dipping and sprinkles for rolling
- Add nut butter, pure maple syrup or honey, vanilla and almond extract to a medium bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined and smooth.
- Next sift together all dry ingredients, or mix well until combined (making sure there are no clumps) and a dough begins to form. If dough is too wet, add a little more flour or protein.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or damp hands to grab dough and then roll into balls. You should get about 8 balls. If desired, you can melt sugar-free chocolate chips (in 30 second increments) and dip then roll each ball into sprinkles. Place energy bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Once they’ve hardened a bit, you can transfer to an airtight container and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Balls can be enjoyed straight from the freezer. If they are too hard, let them sit at room temp for 5-10 minutes.
To store: keep these energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you’re eating them straight from the freezer I’d recommend letting them soften up for about 5-10 minutes in the fridge or at room temp before doing so. I prefer the texture of these when they are stored in the freezer!