Coco-Caramel Protein Energy Bites
- 1/4 C medjool dates, pitted (about 6)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Salted Caramel Cone
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add the dates, flour, protein & coconut oil to the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender and process on high until they have fully combined to form a sticky dough. The mixture should stick together easily when pressed without being overly sticky. If you’re having trouble getting it to stick, add a tablespoon (15 ml) of almond milk until the right texture is reached.
- Fold in coconut flakes.
- Using a tablespoon, roll the dough between your hands to form individual balls. Set them aside on a plate lined with parchment paper, and repeat with the remaining dough. Lightly coating your hands with coconut oil helps to form the balls.
- If desired, prepare the chocolate coating, melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double broiler, stirring periodically to ensure no clumps remain. Using a toothpick, dip each ball into the melted chocolate, gently tapping the side of the bowl to remove any excess. Place back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat until all truffles have been coated. Sprinkle with sea salt or additional toppings, if desired.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate has set. Store the bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.