Chocolate Fudge Protein Cupcakes
- 1 scoop Brownie Batter Protein Powder
- 3 Birthday Cake, Creme Brulee or Golden Butter Flex Flavors
- 2 TBSP (14g) coconut flour
- 2 TBSP (14g) almond flour
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder (dutch-processed, if available, for richest flavor)
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 5 fl oz liquid egg whites
- 3 fl oz unsweetened almond milk
- Optional (not included in macros): 2.5 TBSP mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Apply non-stick spray/oil to 5 oven-safe ramekins or teacups (or prepare muffin pan for 8 cupcakes) and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together liquids until well blended. Combine dry ingredients with liquids and mix well.
Pour ⅓ C of batter into each foil liner, sprinkle with baking chips if using, and bake until cooked through, approximately 18 minutes (15 minutes for standard cupcakes), being careful not to overbake.
Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes on cooling rack. Enjoy warm or allow to cool and frost if desired.
Macros per cup (⅕ recipe): Cal: 101 // Fat: 4 // Sat Fat: 1.4 // Carbs: 5.5 // Fiber: 3.3 // Pro: 10.5 // Sugar: 0.3
*Consider making up small zip-top bags containing already-measured dry ingredients. Flex flavors can be added at this time, if desired. Having “mixes” at the ready makes it possible to throw the batter together in less time than it takes to preheat the oven! This recipe also doubles nicely, making it ideal for meal prep.