Brownie Batter Protein Waffles
- 1 scoop Devotion Nutrition Brownie Batter Protein Powder
- 2 TBSP (14g) coconut flour
- 2 TBSP (14g) almond flour
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder (dutch-processed, if available, for richest flavor)
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C liquid egg whites
- 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- Optional (not included in macros): 2.5 TBSP mini chocolate chips
In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together liquids until well blended. Combine dry ingredients with liquids and mix well.
Heat waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. Pour half of batter into waffle iron and cook until done, 3-4 minutes. Remove carefully and repeat with remaining batter.
Macros per waffle (1/2 recipe): Cal: 224 // Fat: 9.7 // Sat Fat: 3.5 // Carbs: 13.5 // Fiber: 7.3 // Pro: 24.4 // Sugar: 0.8
Pro Tip: Consider making up small zip-top bags containing already-measured dry ingredients. Having “mixes” at the ready makes it possible to throw the batter together in minutes. Ideal for meal prep too, since waffles can be easily reheated in the microwave or toaster.