- 1 scoop (28g) Angel Food Cake protein powder
- 2 TBSP (14g) coconut flour
- 2 TBSP (14g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 Monkey Bread Flex Flavors
- Single serve (½ oz/15g) pouch of freeze dried apples, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C (122g) liquid egg whites
- 1/4 C (60g) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, if desired
*Optional Toppings: Not included in macros
- Caramel drizzle, ice cream, chopped nuts if desired
Preheat oven to 350. Apply non-stick spray/oil to 5 wells of donut baking pan with full-size (3.5” across) wells. If using a silicone baking pan, place on a firm baking sheet.
In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together liquids until well blended. Add dry ingredients to liquids and mix well. Quickly pour into prepared donut pan and bake until cooked through, approximately 18 minutes. Tops will spring back when lightly touched.
Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes on cooling rack. If using a silicone pan, run a knife or spatula gently around the edges to get donuts to release easily. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Serve warm or store in the fridge.
Macros per donut (does not include optional toppings): Cal: 91 // Fat: 3.5 // Sat Fat: 1.2 // Carbs: 5.9 // Fiber: 2 // Pro: 9.1 // Sugar: 2.5
Notes: While this recipe calls for Monkey Bread Flex Flavors, Creme Brûlée or even Peanut Butter Crunch make excellent substitutions based on availability or preferences.
For pans with smaller donut wells, baking time will be shorter. If using a metal non-stick pan, reduce baking temperature to 325 and increase baking time accordingly.