Protein Crepes & Cheese Blintzes
- 7 oz liquid egg whites
- 3 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (28g) Devotion Angel Food Cake Flavor Protein Powder
- 2 sticks Cinnamon Crunch Cereal FlexFlavors®
- 2 TBSP nut butter (we used All American Cinnamon Toffee Crunch Peanut Butter)
- 4oz (1/2 C) cottage cheese
- 2 sticks Golden Butter FlexFlavors®
- 2 oz fat free cream cheese or Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla, optional
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- nut butter drizzle
If using fruit for garnish, wash and prepare fruit first. Peel, core and chop a crisp apple. Sauté in a small skillet until cooked through. Set aside.
Prepare cheese filling by blending ingredients until well mixed and set aside.
In a shaker cup, measure and shake the crepe batter ingredients until well-blended. Heat skillet and apply non-stick spray or oil. Pour 1/4-1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet and tilt pan to spread batter very thin. Let cook until edges start to curl slightly and crepe is almost cooked through. Gently turn with a spatula and finish cooking. Transfer to plate (or cooling rack if making ahead) and repeat until all batter is used.
Distribute cheese filling evenly between the cooked crepes and garnish as desired.
Macros per 1/2 recipe (does not include apples): Cal: 270 // Fat: 8.6// Sat Fat: 2.4 // Carbs: 13.3 // Fiber: 1.3 // Sugar: 5.8 // Pro: 35.7
Macros for optional 1/2 a honeycrisp apple (70g): Cal: 40 // Carbs: 10 // Fiber: 2 // Sugar: 8
Notes: While the recipe calls for the use of Cinnamon Crunch Cereal and Golden Butter Flex Flavors, others could be substituted for variety or based on availability or personal preferences.