Lemon Shortbread Bars
- 1 cup (80g) rolled oats, blended into a flour
- 2 scoops (60g) Devotion Nutrition Buttery Blend flavor protein powder
- 1/4 cup (28g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup (56g) nut butter
- 1t vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup (or pancake syrup, honey, etc)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- 1T (7g) coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix together crust ingredients. This should be a slightly crumbly dough. You can add more/less applesauce as needed.
3. Press dough down evenly into pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. While crust is cooking, whisk together filling ingredients until fully combined. When crust is done, add filling to the top and spread evenly.
5. Lower oven temp to 325°F. Bake for another 15 minutes.
5. Let cool completely, cut, and enjoy!
*optional, add powdered sugar, cool whip, etc to the top!
Makes 12 bars.
Macros for 1 bar (no toppings): 118cal// 10C// 5F// 8P// 2.4g fiber// 1.6g sugar// 0g added sugar
Another incredible recipe by Abby Sink IG @asink6