If you've never heard of a Big Ass Waffle you may be missing out big time! Social media star and well know 'Waffle Wizard', Mud Hustlercreated this whopping 3 smart point waffle in his own kitchen. Mud, as his many followers call him, has some serious skills in the kitchen and he shares with everyone how Devotion Nutrition has helped bring his recipes to life. To see how he makes the #bigasswaffle watch the video below. You can also see his Big Ass Waffle commandments and the recipe beneath the video.
1. Only use quality protein powder that has great results in baking applications
2. Use a fully functional waffle iron. (This means if you are using your Grandma's old, rusty, Frankenstein looking contraption, you won't get the same end result)
3. Always use non stick spray. No matter what.
4. Spray right before you add batter, not while heating up your iron. This prevents scorching.
5. Be patient. Let the waffle iron do the work. The green light will tell you when it's ready.
6. I use an 8 inch round 1 1/2 inch deep Belgian style waffle iron. If you have a different style waffle iron you may get more than one serving or you can reduce the water to make it work for your specific iron.
7. If all else fails.. this recipe makes some badasspancakes
Once you've got these commandments down it's time to make your own Big Ass Waffle. Here's the recipe:
1 serving or scoop of quality protein powder (I use Devotion Nutrition protein powder)
1/4 cup of high protein pancake mix (I use Birch Benders high protein pancake mix)
1 egg white
Depending on size of waffle iron 1/3 - 2/3 cup of water (preferably seltzer)
Mix together thoroughly and pour into your waffle iron.
Serving size: 1 Big Ass Waffle
Macros per serving: 3 WW smart points - 262 Cal - 16g Carbs - 7g Fat - 34g Protein