Healthier Devil's Food Brownies
- 2 servings (86g) devil's food cake mix
- 2 scoops Devotion Brownie Batter flavor protein powder
- 1/2 C granulated sweetener of choice
- 5 TBSP Jet Black Cocoa powder
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce*
- 1/4 C (56g) nut butter of choice (I used crunchy PB)
- 1/2-1 cup non dairy milk of choice
- 1 serving (14g) sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8 pan with non stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients except milk in a bowl until well combined. Add almond milk slowly until you get a thick brownie batter consistency.
3. Pour batter into greased or lined baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake as oven temperatures vary with brand.
4. Let cool, cut into 9 pieces, and enjoy!
*the original recipe by @asink6 called for nonfat greek yogurt (which I happened to be out of) so I subbed unsweetened applesauce and they turned out delicious!
Macros will vary depending on your choices of some of the ingredients.
Recipe adapted from Abby IG @asink6 and Karol IG @flexibledieting4lyfe