Buttery Blend Chicken Marsala
- 2 scoops Buttery Blend protein or 1 scoop Protein + 1 C all purpose flour
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black cracked pepper
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 6 fillets*
- 1 egg and 1/4 cup egg whites
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- I container of brown or Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Chopped green and red peppers (optional)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced or squeeze garlic
- 1 C dry Marsala wine
- 1 1/4 C low-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped parsley or squeeze parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
•Mix the Buttery Blend protein, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow bowl. Mix the egg and egg whites in another bowl. Dredge the chicken in the eggs and then coat in the protein mixture and shake off excess.
•Heat 4 tablespoon oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Fry the chicken breasts until golden-brown on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes per side).
•Once chicken is brown, add marsala wine, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and veggies and let everything cook together on medium heat and cook until the veggies are tender and the chicken is ready.
• Garnish with chopped parsley and continue to season as desired and serve immediately.
•Serve over cooked angel hair pasta (or pasta of choice), rice, potatoes, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, if desired.