There's the Mona Lisa, The David, The Golden Gate Bridge, and The Orange Chocolate Devotion Protein Cake. All of these are bound by a culture of creative genius and meticulous work ethic. We had nothing to do with the former three, but we can lay claim to the Orange Chocolate Devotion Protein Cake. Our friends at Whey Too Sweet had something very special in mind when they engineered this mouth-watering masterpiece. This is not your everyday dessert, it is a work of art that really puts the 'G' in Gourmet. So when your ready to impress your guests with a palatable protein plate of perfection, look no further. The Orange Chocolate Devotion Protein Cake is here...
- 3, small smooth skinned ORGANIC oranges (the skin will consumed)
- 1/2 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or Sugar substitute of choice
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 5 packets of Crème Brulee Flex Flavor
- 1 Cup Ground Almonds (whole, raw almonds processed in Food processor to a fine meal)
- 1/8 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Measured Cups Devotion Nutrition's Brownie Batter Protein Powder
- Optional Topping: 1 Ghirardelli Blood Orange Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped into small pieces.
- Spray nonstick, Bundt Pan with baking spray. Line inside of greased pan with cocoa powder.
In 5 qt casserole sized pan or small stockpot, bring three small, smooth skinned oranges to a boil. Reduce heat to medium/low and simmer for two hours until oranges have completely softened. Strain into colander and allow to cool until you are able to handle. Cut into wedges, careful to not lose any orange juice.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
Place orange wedges, skin and all into an 8 cup or larger Food Processor. Blend until completely smooth. Small specks of orange rind will still be seen. The entire cake will be mixed in the Food Processor. To pureed oranges, add sugars, cocoa powder and Creme Brulee Flex Flavor. Mix until smooth. Add eggs, one by one, pulsing between each added egg until fully incorporated. Add the following dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, ground almonds. Mix until incorporated. Add Devotion Nutrition's Brownie Batter Protein Powder. Pulse until fully blended, Batter will be thick like a Brownie Batter. Pour into prepared springform pan and smooth the batter flat.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cake feels firm or a toothpick inserted comes away mostly clean with some crumbs clinging allowed. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Unmold from Bundt pan. Press chopped Ghirardelli chocolate into the top of cake. This cake serves 18.