Fruity Hoops Protein Donuts
- 1 scoop Devotion Nutrition Angel Food Cake protein powder
- 2 Flex Flavors (fruity hoops, birthday cake, or creme brulee)
- 2 TBSP (14g) coconut flour
- 2 TBSP (14g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C (122g) liquid egg whites
- 1/4 C (60g) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Optional: fruity cereal for garnish, if desired (we used Post Fruity Pebbles)
<!-- split -->
Preheat oven to 350. Apply non-stick spray/oil to 4 wells of donut baking pan with full-size (3.5” across) wells. If using a silicone baking pan, place on a firm baking sheet.
In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together liquids until well blended. Add dry ingredients to liquids and mix well. Quickly pour into prepared donut pan and bake until cooked through, approximately 18 minutes. Tops will spring back when lightly touched.
Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes on cooling rack. If using a silicone pan, run a knife or spatula gently around the edges to ensure that donuts release easily. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
Mix the reserved scoop of protein powder with Fruity Hoops Flex Flavors and just enough water to achieve a pudding-like consistency. Spread on donuts, garnish with cereal and enjoy. If donuts are not going to be eaten immediately, store in refrigerator and add cereal topping just before serving.
Macros per glazed donut (with 2 TBSP cereal each) Cal: 145 // Fat: 4.7 // Sat Fat: 1.7 // Carbs: 8.8 // Fiber: 2.1 // Pro: 16.3 // Sugar: 2.2