Our first decadent dessert by Nicolette (Protein Treats By Nicolette). These little frosted berry protein cake squares feature our Angel Food Cake Protein and our Blueberry Sky Flex Flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8" baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cherries, yogurt, and egg whites. Blend until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder of cake ingredients to the mixing bowl and whisk until batter is well combined. Pour cake batter into prepared pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 34-38 minutes, or until center of cake is cooked. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour.
- For the frosting, slightly soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Add yogurt to bowl of cream cheese whisk until smooth. Add the honey, cherries, protein, & flex flavor and stir until well combined.
- Remove cake from pan and evenly spread the frosting on top of the large cake square. Slice into 16 even squares and serve. Enjoy!
Makes 16 servings 1 serving is 1 cake square with frosting Macros for 1 serving: 109 calories, 8g protein, 14.4g carbs, 2.9g fat, 4.3g sugar, 1.6g fiber Nicolette’s Tips
* Since there was no other fat source in the recipe, I opted to use full fat plain greek yogurt to add some richness to the cake batter. To decrease the calories and fat content, you can use low fat greek yogurt or fat free greek yogurt. File Under: Protein Cake Squares - Protein Cake - Berry Protein Cake - Protein Cake Recipe - Blueberry Protein Cake - Protein Treats By Nicolette - Berry Protein Cake