These Chocolate Frosted Protein Brownies are loaded with protein and are pretty sweet on the taste buds too.
Ingredients Brownie 2 eggs ½ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk ½ cup plain greek yogurt 3 scoops Devotion Nutrition brownie batter protein powder 2/3 cup oat flour ¾ cup almond meal flour ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder ¼ cup xylitol 2 teaspoons baking powder pinch of salt Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips
Icing 1 scoop Devotion Nutrition brownie batter protein powder ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, ½ cup chocolate almond milk, and yogurt until smooth.
- Add in the remainder of brownie ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until batter is smooth. If desired, stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into baking dish and spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of brownies.
- Let the brownies cool for 30 minutes.
Makes 16 servings
- To make the icing, whisk together 1 scoop of protein powder with ¼ cup chocolate almond milk. Spread on top of cooled brownies then cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!
1 serving is 1 brownies square with icing (chocolate chips not included in macros) Macros for 1 serving
104 calories, 9.4g protein, 9.4g carbs, 4.4g fat, 0g sugar, 2g fiber Nicolette’s Tips
* To make brownies lower in fat, omit the almond meal flour and substitute it with 1/3 cup oat flour. File Under: Protein Brownies Recipe - Frosted Brownies Recipe - Frosted Protein Brownies Recipe - Protein Treats by Nicolette