Chocolate Candy Cane Protein Cake
When you're feeling that holiday spirit or you just want to eat something sweet, moist, and refreshing try this Flourless Chocolate Candy Cane Cake!
Ingredients: (makes 8 servings)Base:
- One 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 scoops Devotion Brownie Batter Protein
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 4 Pumpkin Spice Flex Flavors
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 full-sized candy cane (or 3 minis), crushed
- 1 scoop Devotion Angel Food Cake Protein
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non fat greek yogurt
- 1 Creme Brûlée Flex Flavor
- 2-3 tbsp water.
<!-- split -->
Method for the Base:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" round cake pan with foil, and generously spray with nonstick spray. Place all ingredients except chocolate chips and candy canes in a food processor. Puree until completely smooth and well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips, if you are using them. Transfer mixture into the cake pan, and smooth out the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, 35 - 40 minutes. Allow to cool. Once cooled, spread icing over top and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
Method for the Icing:
Add protein, yogurt and flex flavor in a bowl, mix and add water, 1 tbsp at a time. Add until you get desired thickness. Allow to sit in refrigerator until ready to spread over cooled cake. Serve room temperature or great chilled. File Under: Protein Cake - Chocolate Protein Cake Recipe - Chocolate Candy Cane Cake - Candy Cane Cake Recipe - Chocolate Candy Cake Protein Cake Recipe.