1. Only use quality protein powder that has great results in baking applications
2. Use a fully functional waffle iron. (This means if you are using your Grandma's old, rusty, Frankenstein looking contraption, you won't get the same end result)
3. Always use non stick spray. No matter what.
4. Spray right before you add batter, not while heating up your iron. This prevents scorching.
5. Be patient. Let the waffle iron do the work. The green light will tell you when it's ready.
6. I use an 8 inch round 1 1/2 inch deep Belgian style waffle iron. If you have a different style waffle iron you may get more than one serving or you can reduce the water to make it work for your specific iron.
7. If all else fails.. this recipe makes some badasspancakes
Once you've got these commandments down it's time to make your own Big Ass Waffle. Here's the recipe:
1 serving or scoop of quality protein powder (I use Devotion Nutrition protein powder)
1/4 cup of high protein pancake mix (I use Birch Benders high protein pancake mix)
1 1/2 TBSP medium grain corn meal
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1 egg white
Depending on size of waffle iron 1/3 - 2/3 cup of lemon flavored water (preferably seltzer)
Mix together thoroughly and pour into your waffle iron.
Serving size: 1 Big Ass Waffle
Macros per serving: 4 WW smart points - 333 Cal - 33g Carbs - 7g Fat - 36g Protein